Secured by Design
SBD is increasingly being adopted by housing associations, developers, business owners and others who appreciate the significant benefits of ‘designing-out’ crime through the adoption of SBD principles, and the higher levels of satisfaction among premises occupiers and users. Specifying SBD-accredited products also helps developers to demonstrate that they are taking appropriate steps to reduce
Procter Contracts focuses on the perimeter security elements of SBD but, if necessary, can work with its sister divisions within Procter Contracts, namely Procter Automatic Gates and Procter Street Furniture, for the supply and installation of powered gates (with associated access controls) and products such as barriers, bollards, telescopic security posts and bin stores, all of which can play an important role in reducing crime.
For high-security applications, Procter Fencing Systems is SBD-accredited for the installation of additional security measures such as electric fencing and fence-mounted intrusion detection systems.
Recent additions to Procter’s range of SBD-approved products include:
- Cost-effective welded wire mesh flat panel fencing with a small-aperture mesh (76.2 x 12.5 mm with 4 mm wire) that protects against cutting and climbing. The full-length clamp bars are fixed using through-bolts and shear nuts
- Welded wire mesh flat panel fencing (76.2 x 12.5 mm with 4 mm wire) featuring extra-wide clamping bars that attach the mesh panels to the special roll-formed posts by means of security fixings
- Double wire mesh panel fencing with twin 6mm or 8mm horizontal wires welded each side of 5 mm or 6mm vertical wires, and the vertical wires being spaced at either 50mm or 25mm centres.
- High-security profiled mesh panel fencing with projecting spikes at the top and fully enclosed fixings that require a special security key
These SBD-accredited products complement the existing ranges of high-security twin-wire welded mesh fencing, blunt top railings and tubular steel balustrade gates offered by Procter Fencing Systems.
If architects and specifiers are unsure about what type of fencing and gates to select in order to achieve the right balance between aesthetics, security and cost, Procter Fencing Systems has published a Guide to High-Security Perimeter Protection.
You may also like
- Palisade FencingGood security, robust, but with a somewhat ‘industrial’ appearance
- High Security 358 FencingAnti-climb mesh security fencing, also known as 'prison' fencing
- MUGA Sports FencingSport MUGA Fencing that is strong and resilient, and provides the best in safety and security for your sports projects
- ExMesh™ SR3 FencingTough and durable, it offers insurance approved superior perimeter protection.
- Timber Acoustic FencingSingle and double-sided reflective boundary fencing for busy roads and residential areas