As with all gate types, we have refined and developed our bi-folding gates to ensure both reliable and safe operation.
- Open and close in less time than a swing or sliding gate. Useful where security requirements dictated that an entrance should only remain open for a minimum period of time;
- Taking up less space when open, helpful in a solution where there was limited space for the gate to open into
- Compared to a swing gate, they can more easily cope with gradients as the full span of the gate obviously does not extend to the same length when it opens and closes
Bespoke Bi-folding Gates
, of course, always retaining the basic principle of the bi-folding gate, our bespoke design service ensures that gates can be designed and manufactured to suit the exact site requirements – both operational and aesthetic. Over and above the width and height of the gates, key considerations for the design can be:
- What basic type of material and style will be used and normally to match adjacent fencing e.g. welded mesh, palisade or balustrade
- What the finish and colour will be – we can powder coat to any RAL colour or create special colours to match corporate branding etc.
- Whether or not a company or school logo is to be included on the face of the gates – something we can fully handle in-house including using laser-cutting technology
Related to the bespoke design, is what type of access control system is used and based entirely on operational requirements. Access control options are numerous and include radio remote control, proximity detectors, number plate recognition, magnetic card reader, induction loop detector, local or remote bush button, CCTV remote control. These options also apply to sliding gates.